I got this recipe from a friend years ago and still make these cheesy sandwiches regularly. I serve them for dinner along with a steaming bowl of soup or fresh green salad. Any leftovers taste even better the next day for lunch. A helpful hint: Plain refrigerated biscuits seal together better than buttermilk types. Jan Schmid
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Add the taco seasoning and prepare
- according to package directions. Cool slightly.
- Flatten half of the biscuits into 4-in. circles; place in greased
- 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Spoon 1/4 cup meat mixture onto
- each; sprinkle with 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Flatten the remaining
- biscuits; place on top and pinch edges to seal tightly. Bake at
- 400° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 puff equals 646 calories, 34 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 1,775 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.