"Since I live on a lake and have a husband who's an avid angler, fish tops my list of mealtime ingredients," shares Evelyn Eyermann of Cuba, Missouri. Here, she uses delicate fillets as the base for a tempting bake with a mild taco flavor. Kids and adults alike will go for the crunchy tortilla chip topping sprinkled with reduced-fat cheddar cheese.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 orange roughy or bass fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 1/3 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Place fish in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray;
- sprinkle with salt and chili powder.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Pour taco sauce over fish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Immediately sprinkle with tortilla chips and cheese. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 fillet equals 199 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 684 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.