Taco Crescent Bake
A friend shared the recipe with me, and I've prepared it monthly ever since. The crust is made from refrigerated crescent roll dough. While the ground beef is browning, I simply press the dough into a baking dish. Guest always comment on the tasty crust as well as the zesty filling and crunchy topping.Patricia Eckard, Singers Glen, Virginia
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 cups crushed corn chips, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Unroll crescent dough into a rectangle; press onto the bottom and 1
- in. up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Seal seams
- and perforations. Sprinkle with 1 cup of chips; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in tomato sauce and taco seasoning; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Spoon over chips. Top
- with sour cream, cheese and remaining chips.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is
- lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings.