Taco Biscuit Bake
Your whole gang will enjoy this fresh Mexican bake. It’s a tasty new take on tacos. —Sara Martin, Whitefish, Montana
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili con carne
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Salsa and sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in water and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, quarter the biscuits; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking dish. Layer with beef mixture, chili and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is
- melted and biscuits are golden brown. Serve with salsa and sour
- cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (calculated without salsa and sour cream) equals 422 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 1,439 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.