"This fresh, fruity syrup adds delicious flavor to our family's favorite pancake recipe," writes Cindy Walstedt from Maidstone, Ontario.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add apple slices;
- cook and stir for 5 minutes. Stir in sugar; cook and stir over low
- heat for 5 minutes. Yield: 1-1/3 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 120 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 52 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.