I re-created my favorite dish from a unique restaurant in Ramona, California, that was housed in the original town telephone office, complete with the memorabilia. All their dishes were named after old telephone lingo. This open-face sandwich is versatile and flavorful, with great visual appeal.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 slices dark rye bread
- 4 teaspoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 pound sliced deli turkey
- 1/4 pound sliced deli ham
- 4 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Spread bread slices with mayonnaise. Layer two slices with turkey,
- ham, mushrooms, tomato, sprouts and cheese. Top with remaining
- Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-12
- minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 sandwiches.
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich equals 414 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 1,726 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 35 g protein.