Swiss Seafood Canapes
If you're the cook, you'll want to set a few of these aside for yourself because they won't last long. The broiled bites feature a cheesy mixture of crab and shrimp.
48 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen crabmeat, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup French salad dressing or seafood cocktail sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Dash salt
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) snack rye bread
- In a large bowl, combine first nine ingredients. Place bread on
- ungreased baking sheets. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes
- or until lightly browned. Turn slices; spread each with 1 rounded
- tablespoonful of seafood mixture. Broil 4-5 minutes longer or until
- heated through. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 canape equals 57 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 143 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer