Swiss Potato Gratin
Grated potatoes and creamy Swiss or Gruyere cheese make this side dish a satisfying alternative to mashed or baked potatoes. Connie Bryan of Linwood, Kansas submitted the recipe.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups grated peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss or Gruyere cheese
- In a saucepan, combine the potatoes, milk, cream, salt, garlic,
- nutmeg and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring
- Pour into a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle
- with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until
- heated through and golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 290 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 683 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.