Swiss Oven Omelet
Mellow onions and Swiss cheese make a mouthwatering combination in this favorite egg dishDorothy Smith, El Dorado, Arkansas
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, cook and stir red onion and sugar in
- oil over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove
- 1/4 cup; set aside.
- To the skillet, stir in the green onions, mustard and thyme. Remove
- from the heat. In a bowl, beat the eggs, water, salt and pepper.
- Pour into skillet, sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Top with reserved onion
- mixture and remaining cheese. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 192 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 229 mg cholesterol, 154 mg sodium,