Swiss Mushroom Orzo
Holly Bonds of Smyrna, Georgia turns to this go-with-everything dish as a substitute for rice or potatoes. TIP: “It's also wonderful with roasted red peppers or steamed broccoli thrown in,” Holly suggests.
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a food
- processor, combine the cheese, 3 tablespoons butter, garlic, salt
- and pepper; cover and process until smooth. In a large saucepan,
- saute the mushrooms in remaining butter until tender. Drain orzo and
- add to mushrooms. Stir in cheese mixture until melted. Yield: 3
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 520 calories, 26 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 450 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.