Field editor Adeline Piscitelli molds refreshing flavor into a pretty Valentine's Day presentation at her Sayreville, New Jersey home.
10 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 5 cups milk, divided
- 1 package (6 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- Whipped cream and maraschino cherries, optional
- In a saucepan, cook pudding mix and 4 cups milk according to package
- directions. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with gelatin and stir
- until completely dissolved. Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining milk until smooth.
- Gradually add gelatin mixture; mix well. Pour into oiled individual
- molds. Refrigerate overnight. Unmold; garnish with whipped cream and
- cherries if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Editor's Note: Recipe may also be prepared in an 8-cup heart-shaped mold.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 247 calories, 12 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 7 g protein.