These rounds filled with fruit preserves were blue-ribbon winners at the county fair 2 years running. A family favorite, they never last past December 25!
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons raspberry or strawberry preserves
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolk; mix well. Stir in
- the flour by hand. On a lightly floured surface, gently knead dough
- for 2-3 minutes or until thoroughly combined.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indention in the
- center of each. Fill each with 1/4 teaspoon preserves.
- Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until edges are lightly
- browned. Remove to wire racks. Dust warm cookies with confectioners'
- sugar if desired. Cool. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 203 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.