I brought these wonderful crunchy cookies to our summer family reunion, and men, women and children alike devoured them...then begged for the recipe!
30 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 4-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter, sugars and oil. Add eggs, one at a time,
- beating well after each addition. Add dry ingredients and vanilla;
- mix well. Refrigerate dough overnight.
- Form into walnut-size balls and place on greased baking sheets.
- Combine sugar and nutmeg; dip glass in mixture and flatten cookies
- with it. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Yield:
- about 5 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 229 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium,