Serve this Asian-flavored side dish with teriyaki-marinated pork tenderloin or chicken.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 large zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, saute zucchini and ginger in oil for 5 minutes or
- until zucchini is crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in sweet-and-sour sauce and salt; heat through. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 60 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.