- Stir-fry onion, carrots and garlic in the remaining oil for 3
- minutes. Add green pepper and water; stir for 2 minutes. Drain
- pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Add pineapple and pork to pan.
- Combine cornstarch, brown sugar, ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, broth
- and reserved pineapple juice; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (calculated without rice) equals 351 calories, 245 mg sodium, 67 mg cholesterol, 28 gm carbohydrate, 26 gm protein, 15 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 meat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.