Sweet and Sour Pineapple Chicken
"Pineapple and soy sauce pair nicely for marinating chicken breasts," says field editor Emma Magielda of Amsterdam, New York. "The meat comes out of the oven moist and tasty."
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 25 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five
- ingredients. Add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for
- 30 minutes.
- Place the chicken and marinade in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish
- coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes
- or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1 chicken breast half with 2 tablespoons sauce) equals 149 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.