A tangy sauce, combine with green pepper and pineapple, tranforms Ruther's pre-made meatballs into a delightful main dish served over rice.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 batch of 30 meatballs (frozen or thawed)
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Hot cooked rice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Set pineapple aside. Add water to
- juice if needed to measure 1 cup; pour into a large skillet. Add 1/3
- cup water, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and cornstarch; stir
- until smooth.
- Cook over medium heat until thick, stirring constantly. Add the
- pineapple, meatballs and green pepper.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with
- rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (5 each) equals 449 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 116 mg cholesterol, 335 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.