Sweet and Savory Ribs
"My husband, Randy, and I love barbecue ribs, but with our conflicting schedules, we rarely have time to fire up the grill," says Kandy Bingham, Green River, Wyoming. "So we let the slow cooker do the work for us. By the time we get home from work, the ribs are tender, juicy and ready to devour."
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) honey barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with ribs. In a small bowl,
- combine remaining ingredients; pour over ribs. Cook, covered, on low
- 8-9 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.