- Combine the first six ingredients. Cut roast in half; rub with
- seasonings. In a large skillet, brown beef in oil on all sides.
- Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with onion and red
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, brown sugar, honey,
- mustard, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, garlic, vinegar and salt;
- pour over vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until
- meat is tender.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Strain cooking juices, reserving
- vegetables and 1-1/4 cups juices; skim fat from reserved juices.
- Shred beef with two forks and return to slow cooker. Stir in
- reserved vegetables and cooking juices; heat through. Serve with
- noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup (calculated without noodles) equals 571 calories, 29 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 147 mg cholesterol, 1,604 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 47 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.