Sweet-Sour Zucchini Salad
"This make-ahead mixture can be served as a condiment or a salad," shares Jan Koppri, Mancos, Colorado. The flavorful marinade is also nice with cucumbers.
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 7 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine vinegar and onion. Add the zucchini, celery
- and peppers.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients;
- shake well. Pour over vegetables and stir gently. Cover and
- refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with artificial sweetener equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar and without salt) equals 113 calories, 7 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber,