This crunchy salad went so well with our chicken dinners. We always had a huge vegetable garden, and cabbage was plentiful. The carrot adds a nice color and texture.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium head cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- In a small bowl, whisk together the first seven ingredients. Place
- the cabbage and carrot in a large bowl; add dressing and toss to
- coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until serving. Yield:
- 10-12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 112 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 169 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.