Sweet-Sour Bean Salad
THIS DISH is a great substitute for a green salad and a little more filling. We especially enjoy it with grilled steaks.
When I serve this colorful salad to guests, they always ask for the recipe.
-Judi Brinegar, Liberty, North Carolina
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a bowl, combine beans, green peppers and onions. In a small bowl,
- combine oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over bean mixture
- and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve
- with a slotted spoon. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 362 calories, 21 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 563 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 9 g protein.