- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into
- thirds. Shape each into a 15-in. rope. Place ropes on a greased
- baking sheet; braid. Pinch ends to seal and tick under. Cover and
- let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Beat egg and milk; brush over braid. Sprinkle with sesame seeds,
- almonds and sugar. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until
- golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or
- at room temperature. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 196 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.