Sweet Pretzel Nuggets
"This crowd-pleasing snack has been a tremendous hit both at home and at work," reports Billie Sue Ebinger from Holton, Indiana. The fun crunchy bites have a sweet cinnamon-toast taste and just a hint of saltiness that make them very munchable.
12-16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) sourdough pretzel nuggets
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Place pretzels in a microwave-safe bowl. In a small bowl, combine
- oil, sugar and cinnamon. Pour over pretzels; toss to coat.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 minutes; stir. Microwave 2-3
- minutes longer, stirring after each minute or until oil is absorbed.
- Cool to room temperature. Store in an airtight container. Yield:
- 12-16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 178 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 304 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.