Sweet Potatoes Au Gratin
From Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, Patti Kirchhoff writes to recommend this rich sweet potato casserole.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 large uncooked sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 egg
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place potatoes in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a bowl, beat
- egg. Add cream, salt, nutmeg and pepper; mix well. Pour over
- potatoes. sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for
- 40-45 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 270 calories, 23 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 291 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.