Sweet Potato Wedges
Quartered sweet potatoes bake in a mildly spiced butter sauce in this recipe shared by Donna Howard of Stoughton, Wisconsin. Leftovers can be made into either of the following second-day dishes with excellent results.
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered lengthwise (about 10 cups)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Arrange sweet potatoes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Combine the butter, orange juice, salt and cinnamon; drizzle over
- sweet potatoes. Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or
- until tender. Yield: 10 servings (8 cups).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 150 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 255 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.