- another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, sweet potatoes, oil and vanilla.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s
- directions until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add
- pecans and walnuts. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add the brown
- sugar, water, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Cook and stir until sugar
- is dissolved. Serve waffles with topping and syrup. Yield: 12
Nutrition Facts: 2 waffles with about 2 tablespoons topping (calculated without syrup) equals 457 calories, 28 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 598 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.