Sweet Potato Pork Chops
Cut down on after-dinner cleanup with this one-dish meal from field editor Suzanne McKinley of Lyons, Georgia. Tender pork chops, sliced onion and sweet potato make it simply satisfying.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 slices onion (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 slices each tart apple and peeled sweet potato (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a skillet, brown pork chops in oil; place in a 1-qt. baking dish.
- Top with onion, apple and sweet potato. Combine the remaining
- ingredients; spoon over the top. Cover and bake at 350° for
- 35-40 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 287 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 587 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.