Sweet Potato Fries
Just because you're watching your waistline doesn't mean you can't indulge in some french fries. In this recipe, nutritious sweet potatoes are sprinkled with zesty seasonings and bake in the oven for a low-fat treat!
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1/4-in. x 1/2-in. strips. In a bowl,
- combine egg white and seasonings; beat well. Add potatoes; toss to
- coat. Place in a single layer on two baking sheets that have been
- spayed with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 20-25
- minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One 1/2-cup serving equals 40 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 20 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.