Sweet Potato Crostini
For party time, I turn this sweet potato side dish into an appetizer by serving it on slices of a French baguette. — Steve Westphal, Wind Lake, Wisconsin
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 24 slices French bread baguette (1/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/4 cups miniature marshmallows, halved
- Minced fresh rosemary, optional
- Place bread in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets; brush with
- butter. In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over tops.
- Bake at 400° for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, mix the sweet potatoes, pecans, brown
- sugar and butter. Spoon onto toasts; top with marshmallows, pressing
- lightly to adhere. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or
- until marshmallows are lightly browned. Sprinkle with rosemary if
- desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 appetizer equals 82 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 53 mg sodium,