Sweet Potato Corn Bread
This corn bread bakes to a deep golden color with flecks of sweet potato visible. It looks a s good as it tastes.
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 7 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2-2/3 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl,
- combine the eggs, milk, oil and sweet potatoes. Stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking pan.
- Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cut into squares. Serve warm. Yield:
- 12-16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 267 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 499 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.