Sweet Potato Casserole
Pineapple, sugar and marshmallows lend a super sweetness to sweet potatoes. I've been making the casserole for years, both for special occasions at home and for casual dinners. Ruth Leach, Shreveport, Louisiana
8 ServingsPrep: 45 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple in 100% Pineapple Juice, drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15 large marshmallows
- Place sweet potatoes in a large kettle and cover with water; bring to
- a boil. Boil gently until potatoes can easily be pierced with the
- tip of a sharp knife, about 30-45 minutes. Drain; cool slightly.
- Peel potatoes and place in a large bowl; mash. Stir in butter and
- sugar until butter is melted. Add pineapple, eggs, vanilla, nutmeg
- and salt.
- Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with marshmallows. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 367 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 295 mg sodium,