Sweet Potato Biscuits
A pumpkin cookie cutter can be used for sweet treats and for savory biscuits as well. These biscuits are a fun addition to any meal in fall.
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup cold mashed sweet potatoes (prepared without milk or butter)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cut in butter
- until crumbly. Combine sweet potato and milk; stir into crumb
- mixture just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; knead
- 10-15 times. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured
- 2-1/2-in. pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter or biscuit cutter.
- Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Brush with egg; sprinkle
- with sugar. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until golden
- brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 biscuit equals 141 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 229 mg sodium,