Sweet Potato Bake
This is an easy dish to prepare and is a perfect addition to that special holiday meal. The topping is flavorful and gives a nice contrast of textures.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Bake: 20 min. + standing
- 7 large sweet potatoes (about 6 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 12 oatmeal cookies, crumbled
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- Place sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook just for 10-15 minutes or until
- tender. Drain
- Mash potatoes with butter. Add the marmalade, orange juice, brown
- sugar, salt and ginger. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- dish. Toss cookie crumbs with butter; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until browned. Let
- stand for 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 293 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 550 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.