Sweet Potato Apple Dressing
This dressing is simply the greatest. It's easy to make, creates a heavenly aroma when baking and combines two traditional favorites -- sweet potatoes and dressing-- into one special dish. Folks always give it rave reviews.--Gail Prather, Bethel, Minnesota
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1-1/2 cups chopped green onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups diced cooked sweet potatoes
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and diced
- 4 cups soft bread cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a skillet, saute onions and celery in butter until tender.
- Transfer to a large bowl; add the sweet potatoes, apples, bread
- cubes and walnuts. Add eggs; toss to coat. Stir in the remaining
- ingredients. Spoon into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and
- bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or
- until lightly browned. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 222 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 288 mg sodium,