Sweet Potato Apple Bake
Here's a scrumptious lighter version of traditional candied sweet potatoes.
-North Carolina Sweet Potato Commission
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and sliced
- 2 large unpeeled apples, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, apples, raisins and almonds.
- Spoon into a shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine
- butter, brown sugar, oats and lemon peel; sprinkle over sweet potato
- mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until apples
- are tender. Yield: 6 servings.