Sweet Pineapple Casserole
This side dish has just the right amount of sweetness. So it's a great accompaniment to any meaty entree. Using canned pineapple makes it a snap to assemble.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and pineapple. In another bowl, combine
- sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon. Stir in pineapple mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Dot with butter. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until golden brown. Yield:
- 10-12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 119 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.