Sweet Pepper Venison Stir-Fry
"Every year our friends have a game feed where everyone brings a different wild dish," says Kathy Gasser of Waukesha, Wisconsin. "This one knocked their socks off—they almost licked the wok clean!"
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 venison tenderloin (about 1 pound), cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar
- and pepper; stir until smooth. Pour half into a large resealable
- plastic bag; add venison. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for
- 1-2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry
- venison and peppers in oil for 4-6 minutes or until meat is no
- longer pink and peppers are crisp-tender. Stir reserved marinade;
- add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or
- until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.