Sweet Pepper Salad
This wonderful salad is crisp and colorful with a tangy dressing.Lu Ann Kessi, Eddyville, Oregon
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3 medium green peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a salad bowl, combine the peppers, onion and lemon peel. In a jar
- with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, oil, sugar, basil,
- salt and pepper; shake well. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 72 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.