Sweet Peas and Mushrooms
For a different spin on a pea side dish, I added fresh mushrooms. They add so much flavor and it is so simple to whip up.Wendy Masters, Grand Valley, Ontario
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen peas
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Cook peas according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet,
- saute mushrooms and onion in butter until onion is crisp-tender.
- Drain peas and add to skillet along with the sugar, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 117 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 433 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.