Sweet Onion Phyllo Tarts
"The original recipe is a prize-winner," says Brenda English of Butler, Pennsylvania. "I've since lightened it and it's just as good!"
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat French onion dip
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (1.9 ounces) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1/4 cup finely chopped tomato
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onion in butter until
- tender. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, onion dip, mayonnaise, pepper
- and onion. Spoon a scant tablespoonful into each tart shell; top
- with tomato.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes
- or until heated through. Yield: 15 appetizers.
Nutrition Facts: 1 appetizer equals 52 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.