Sweet Onion Bread Skillet
Because there are just a few ingredients in this recipe, you’ll get the best results if you use the finest-quality ingredients, like fresh Vidalia onions and aged Parmesan cheese. —Lisa Speer, Palm Beach, Florida
4 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10min.
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 can (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter and 1 tablespoon oil until
- softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally,
- for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
- Brush bottom and sides of a 10-in. ovenproof skillet with remaining
- oil. Unroll dough into skillet; flatten dough and build up edge
- slightly. Top with onion mixture and cheese. Bake at 450° for
- 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 wedge equals 415 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 776 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.