Sweet Mustard Dip
From Rosetown, Saskatchewan, Patricia Doetzel shares this versatile spread that's perfect when paired with fat-free pretzels or spooned on a sandwich. "Ham just doesn't taste the same without it," writes Patricia.
18 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 egg
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and mustard. Whisk in vinegar
- and egg. Cook and stir over low heat for 20 minutes or until
- thickened and a thermometer reads 160°. Pour into another
- container. Cool; cover and refrigerate for up to 3 weeks. Yield: 2/3
Nutrition Facts: 2 teaspoons equals 54 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.