Sweet Kahlua Coffee
I have this beverage brewing in my slow cooker at my annual Christmas open house. I set out the whipped cream and grated chocolate in festive dishes so guests can help themselves.Ruth Gruchow, Yorba Linda, California
9 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 2 quarts hot water
- 1/2 cup Kahlua (coffee liqueur)
- 1/4 cup creme de cacao
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons grated chocolate
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the water, Kahlua, creme de cacao and
- coffee granules. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and
- vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Ladle coffee into mugs. Garnish with whipped cream and grated
- chocolate. Yield: 9 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup with 1/3 cup whipped cream and 1/2 teaspoon grated chocolate equals 291 calories, 21 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.