Sweet-Hot Asian Dipping Sauce
This Asian-inspired sauce from our Test Kitchen is a delicious dip for egg rolls or veggies. It can also be used to make a sweet-tangy vinaigrette.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
48 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Process: 20 min.
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canning salt
- In a Dutch oven, bring sugar and vinegar to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the
- remaining ingredients. Ladle hot mixture into hot half-pint jars,
- leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust
- lids. Process for 20 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 6
Editor's Note: The processing time listed is for altitudes of 1,000 feet or less. Add 1 minute to the processing time for each 1,000 feet of additional altitude. Serve dipping sauce with assorted fresh vegetables or your favorite hot appetizers. To make a vinaigrette, combine 1 part dipping sauce with 2 parts oil and toss with cut fresh lettuce.
Nutrition Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 54 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.