Sweet Floret Salad
Everywhere I take this crunchy fresh-tasting salad with its sweet creamy dressing, people invariably want the recipe. It's perfect for a potluckbest made the night before you serve it and easy to transport.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1-3/4 pounds fresh broccoli, broken into florets
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces, optional
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a small saucepan, combine the mayonnaise, sugar, oil and vinegar.
- Bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add dressing and
- toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight,
- stirring occasionally. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 198 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 182 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.