- wire racks; cool completely.
- For glaze, combine sugar, water and corn syrup until smooth.
- Depending on how many colors are desired, divide glaze into several
- small bowls and tint with food coloring. Using a small brush and
- stirring glaze often, brush glaze on cookies (or leave some plain if
- desired). Allow glazed cookies to harden for at least 1 hour. Add
- designs with tinted glaze or decorator’s gel, referring to photo for
- ideas. Allow to dry. Yield: Yield: 7-8 dozen 2-1/2-inch cookies.
Crafterthought The cookie tree handily serves as a centerpiece for an Easter meal—and a dessert as well when dinner is done. For edible place markers, tie small stacks of the decorated egg cookies with ribbons and position near each plate. Of course, you’ll want to save the recipe for the cookie—and use it at the end of the year for Christ mas baking, just like Sue does! Finished size: Tree is 16 inches wide x 18-1/2 inches high.