Sweet Corn Muffins
"I love making corn bread and corn muffins, but often the results are not moist or sweet enough for my taste," comments Patty Bourne of Owings, Maryland. "So I experimented until I came up with these light, pleasantly sweet muffins. They ended up winning a blue ribbon at our county fair."
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup milk, divided
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add eggs, shortening and 1/2
- cup of milk; beat for 1 minute. Add remaining milk; beat just until
- blended. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at
- 350° for 25-30 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: 1
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 373 calories, 24 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 364 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.