- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine confectioners' sugar and
- bacon. Process until combined; set aside.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; roll into a
- 16-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Cut into 2-in. squares.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry
- squares, a few at a time, until golden brown, about 1-1/2 minutes on
- each side. Drain on paper towels. Dust with bacon-sugar mixture.
- Serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen.
Editor's Note: These beignets are best served the day they're made.
Nutrition Facts: 1 beignet equals 117 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.