- milk, yeast mixture and eggs. Combine to form a soft dough. Place
- dough in a greased bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap;
- refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Divide dough in half. On a well-floured surface, roll out each half
- of the dough into an 18-in. x 15-in. rectangle. Divide the filling
- and spread on each rectangle. Fold each rectangle into thirds,
- starting with the 15-in. side. The dough will now measure 15 in. x 6
- Cut each piece into 15 short strips. Twist each strip and shape into
- a candy cane. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for
- 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Frost with
- a confectioners' sugar icing if desired. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 175 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.